SFCDC’s mission is to expand the capacity of community development practitioners to develop affordable housing and economic opportunities for Miami-Dade County’s low and moderate income families and neighborhoods.
- Provide training and capacity building opportunities to community development practitioners.
- Advocate for public policies that improve the capacity of non-profit community development organizations to provide housing and economic opportunities for low and moderate income families and neighborhoods.
- Advocate for public policies and systems that improve housing and economic opportunities for low and moderate income families and neighborhoods.
- Establish a forum in which community development practitioners can share information and form partnerships to enhance outcomes for low and moderate income families and neighborhoods.
SFCDC envisions a Miami-Dade County where:
- All low and moderate income people have access to the tools necessary to build wealth.
- All neighborhoods are livable, safe, and economically vibrant.
- Community development practitioners collaborate meaningfully to enhance outcomes.
- Local, state, and national investors employ a long-term strategy of significant investment in our community development efforts.
- The field of community development has effective leadership representing the public, non-profit, and for-profit sectors.