SFCDC’s mission is to expand the capacity of the community development field to develop affordable housing and economic opportunities for low and moderate income individuals while promoting collaborative, inclusive policy and practice to invest in people, neighborhoods and social capital throughout Miami-Dade County.
- Provide training and capacity building opportunities to community development practitioners.
- Advocate for public policies that improve the capacity of non-profit community development organizations to provide housing and economic opportunities for low and moderate income families and neighborhoods.
- Advocate for public policies and systems that improve housing and economic opportunities for low and moderate income families and neighborhoods.
- Establish a forum in which community development practitioners can share information and form partnerships to enhance outcomes for low and moderate income families and neighborhoods.
SFCDC envisions a Miami-Dade County where:
- All low and moderate income people have access to the tools necessary to build wealth.
- All neighborhoods are livable, safe, and economically vibrant.
- Community development practitioners collaborate meaningfully to enhance outcomes.
- Local, state, and national investors employ a long-term strategy of significant investment in our community development efforts.
- The field of community development has effective leadership representing the public, non-profit, and for-profit sectors.