SFCDC provides group seminars, one-on-one technical assistance and other learning experiences for the affordable housing and community development field.
Throughout the year, SFCDC offers seminars on best practices in community development as well as topics of critical importance to the field. In 2013, the number of training offerings by SFCDC increased from 3 to 8. Since 2013, this included:
• Complete Streets Panel
• Innovative Housing Solutions
• Expanding Networks to Build Communities: Tax Credit Programs Workshop
• What’s New in Workforce Housing
• Building Productive Workshops: Affordable Housing Basics
• Strategic Planning Workshop: Non-profit Corporate Governance
• Dealing with the Media: Public Relations for Non-profits
• Cultivating Leadership on the Non-profit Board
In 2014, SFCDC launched the Community Scholars in Affordable Housing Program with the University of Miami Office of Civic & Community Engagement and Catalyst Miami. The second cohort of the program got underway January 23, 2015. To learn more about the program click here Community Scholars in Affordable Housing Program
For a list of recent and upcoming seminars, visit our training and event calendar.
SFCDC currently provides assistance to members who wish to apply for federal government grants. SFCDC has considerable expertise with various grant sources, including the CDFI Fund and the Community Economic Development Program of the Office of Community Services. Soon, we will expand our TA services to provide more comprehensive expertise.
For inquiries into any of these services, please contact Shekeria Brown at