SFCDC provides the following capacity-building services for our members and other community development practitioners: group training, technical assistance, and franchise restaurant pre-development.
Throughout the year, SFCDC offers seminars on best practices in community development as well as topics of critical importance to the field. In 2010, this included:
- Innovations in Job Creation Strategies
- Complying with HUD Funding Regulations
- HSBC YourMoneyCounts© Financial Literacy Train-the-Trainer
- Green, Efficient, and Weatherproof: Building and Upgrading
- Strategic and Business Planning for Community-Based Organizations
- Keys to Successful Risk Management and Finance
For a list of recent and upcoming seminars, visit our training and event calendar.
SFCDC currently provides assistance to members who wish to apply for federal government grants. SFCDC has considerable expertise with various grant sources, including the CDFI Fund and the Community Economic Development Program of the Office of Community Services. Soon, we will expand our TA services to provide more comprehensive expertise.
Franchise Restaurant Program
SFCDC is working with Kahala Corporation, a franchise restaurant company, to help members launch franchise restaurants in Miami-Dade’s low-income neighborhoods. These restaurants can provide full-time jobs and entrepreneurship opportunities to disadvantaged communities, as well as the chance for non-profit CDCs to earn unrestricted revenue.
For inquiries into any of these services, please contact Ralph Rosado at .